- How to disclose: The M-Inform disclosure system is available via Wolverine Access. The direct link is https://minform.it.umich.edu.
- General information regarding the disclosure process: http://research-compliance.umich.edu/outside-interest-disclosure-process
- Directions on how to disclose: http://research-compliance.umich.edu/outside-interest-disclosure-process
- If you have questions, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Consulting / Conflict of Commitment:
A potential conflict of commitment (“COC”) arises when a faculty member engages in external
activities or assumes external commitments that compromise or might appear to compromise his
or her ability to fulfill the responsibilities of his or her University position. The existence of a
potential conflict of commitment must be evaluated in light of the minimum expectations for
commitment required based on the appointment of the faculty member in question.
Note that the total days spent on all outside activities should not exceed 32 hours/month – also defined as 4 days per month or 48 days per year.
- Faculty: see the ADAA site.
- Graduate students and postdoctoral research fellows: use this guidance document.
For Responsible Conduct of Research Scholarship (RCRS) and Postdoc engagement questions contact Joanne Navarre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Richard Vanden Heuvel
Assistant Director, Compliance